Lockyer Valley Local Services
Lockyer Valley ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Lockyer Valley site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Lockyer Valley Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Lockyer Valley When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Lockyer Valley Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Lockyer Valley Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Lockyer Valley ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Lockyer Valley and a Place to Meet
The lockyervalley.qld.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Lockyer Valley
Welcome to the Lockyer Valley, a region located in the southeast of Queensland, Australia! It is known as the "salad bowl" of the state due to its abundance of fruit and vegetables. Here are some interesting facts about this beautiful region:
1. The Lockyer Valley was named after Arthur Henry Edward Lockyer, a British naval officer who explored the region in 1825.
2. The valley is situated between the cities of Ipswich and Toowoomba and covers an area of more than 2,200 square kilometers.
3. The region is home to over 60,000 people, with the largest town being Gatton.
4. Agriculture is the main industry in the Lockyer Valley, with the area producing a variety of crops including tomatoes, lettuce, sweet corn, and sorghum.
5. The Lockyer Valley has a rich Aboriginal history, with the Traditional Owners being the Jagera, Giabul, and Jarowair people.
6. The region has a number of national parks and reserves, including the Mount Glorious National Park, D'Aguilar National Park, and the Lockyer National Park.
7. The Lockyer Valley is also home to some famous landmarks such as the University of Queensland's Gatton Campus, the Gatton Lagoon, and the historic Royal Hotel in Gatton, which was established in 1896.
8. The region has a subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. It receives an average of 883mm of rainfall per year.
9. The Lockyer Valley was severely affected by flooding in 2011, with many homes and businesses damaged or destroyed. However, the community has since recovered and is now a thriving hub of agriculture and tourism.
10. The region also has a strong sporting culture, with a number of local teams and clubs in various sports including rugby league, soccer, and netball.
So there you have it - some interesting facts about the Lockyer Valley, a unique and vibrant region in Queensland, Australia!